Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Glimpse into Doi Suthep


 As most of you know, this is my second trip and Danny's third trip over to South East Asia. Back in 2009, I set off for the "real world' in corporate America as an accountant, while Danny went to study Buddhism in India and Nepal. Upon his return, I wasn't enjoying the path I was on and after our one week reunion vacation in the Dominican, which cost the same as his six month trip, Danny knew that he was ready to go back. After an easy decision to trade the calculator for a backpack, I was ready to back with him.

With Dan already having plans to study in Thailand at Doi Suthep, I set up home in Hoi An, Vietnam. Before he left me in Hoi An, there was a little camera accident, and he headed off camera less. Well it's a good thing we decided to come back for round 2 (3 for Danny). Chiang Mai is surrounded by beautiful mountains and on top of those mountains is Doi Suthep. Yesterday, I had the pleasure  of going there with Dan and taking a glimpse of what his life was like for that month. It was absolutely breath taking. Oh, you're probably thinking im taking about the Wat. There is a gigantic staircase that we had to climb to get there first!


But in all sincerity, it was beautiful. It was an amazing spot that I am thankful I got to see with Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment