Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Memorial Day in Vietnam

For me, Memorial Day Weekend is the kickoff of Summer back at home. The weather is finally nice, beach camps and Summer houses are opened, barbaques come out and the months of cold dreary Winter weather are easily forgotten. Memorial Day in Vietnam is just plain weird. It's not celebrated obviously, but we decided to have our own celebration. As many of you know, the weather is hotter here than it will ever get back home, we live on the beach so technically there is no "beach house" to open up, the only thing missing is our barbaque. We have been saying for months, "lets get a "barbie" as out kiwi friends like to call it. Well Memorial Day Weekend in Nam was the perfect excuse.


Dan, as amazing as he is, ventured into the markets found the "barbeque", coal, chicken, fish, veggies, and of course loads of beer. I topped it off with mom's famous potato salad, which I obviously didnt make as good as she does, but it hit the spot for everyone.  We might not be home celebrating, but we tried our best to celebrate here! Happy Memorial Day!!



6 comments:

  1. And a happy Mem Day to you 2 too. Just back from a quick swing through VT, lush and green. It's the year for Dame's Rocket, thick along the roadside...along w/ blackberry and lupine.Love to you both.
    dbw

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ρrоduсt is efficient and pгoductіve.


    My ωеbpage; csdberlin.ditho.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cοnstаntly spent mу half an hour to read this
    websitе's articles or reviews daily along with a cup of coffee.

    Also visit my blog post :: www.lutrim.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this ѕite from my pаl who shаred wіth
    me conceгning thiѕ web sitе and nοω this
    time I am visiting thіs web site anԁ reaԁing vеry іnformаtive articles аt this time.


    Look intο my web blοg - hydroxatone Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read so many articles or reviews about the blogger lovers however this piece of writing is
    in fact a nice article, keep it up.

    my web page :: Murphysfurniturestudio.Com

    ReplyDelete