Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

For the past 3 years, Dan has always made it a point to make Valentines Day very special. This year was nothing different, however I think I have my Delhi Belly to thank (Sorry D)

The guide book we've been referencing said Island hopping was the best bet in Nha Trang. At the time there was no way I was going to put myself on a boat for the entire day while my Delhi Belly was around. With the tours non-refundable we decided to skip it. Needless to say, I was bumming.

Well the next day (Valentines Day) I woke up and was felling great. So we decided to get our own boat and Island hop on our own. Of course we started out with clouds and at the wrong ferry port, but once things were straightened out we were headed over to... I dont even know the name of the island. We thought we were going to see an outside aquarium, but we had no idea what we were in store for. After the tour of the aquarium we asked our driver to take us to another island. He was puzzled and asked why? We said we wanted to lay on a beach and swim etc etc. He pointed to a huge set of stairs and said walk up those, I'll come back at 3.

After 15 minutes of walking up stairs, we were on the other side of the island. The side with no one on it. It was a private beach all to ourselves. It was beautiful.

So things happen for a reason.. If I didnt get the Delhi Belly, we would have been on a tour with 30 other people. Instead, it was just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment