Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Market of all Markets

I now know what it feels like to be "stuck" with 2 travel nuts who wont stop chatting about their experiences and reminiscing about god knows what. The topic of conversation was the Chatuchak Market. I sat there pretending like I was in the loop... crazy market, on the weekend, everything you could find blah blah blah.

Well I've done my research and I really regret buying hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas presents. My lax preparation is looking purposeful more than lazy. Everything that I forget, I can pick up at this market. If my research is correct. this market will be like the Mall of America and NYC Shopping combined... on crack with a twist of Thai!

Spanning an incredible 35 acres of shopping, most stalls are tucked into tiny narrow lanes overflowing with produce, clothes, and home decor to name a few. The weekend market attracts some 200,000 shoppers, browsers and buskers each Saturday and Sunday to its roughly 8,000 stalls.






My mother recently asked me if I wanted a compass. I told her no thanks, but Im thinking of reneging my answer. I might need it to MacGyver my way through this market. Which reminds me, I need to bring my bartering skills back up to par. (Fast forward to Christmas dinner.. I'll trade you three shrimp for half your filet) Now lets see who the lucky person is that gets to sit next to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment