Sunday, January 1, 2012

Market Day!!


What better way to spend the first day of the New Year shopping...with my boyfriend no less. Who would have thought? We headed out nice and early (thank you jet lag) and took in all the sights and smells that the market had to offer.

Bangkok is a relatively clean city. It's modern, fashionable, and very western-like. It through me for a loop. I feel like im in NYC, except everyone is asian. But as soon as we got off the sky train that lead to the market, I knew I wasnt in NYC. The smells, oh those smells. I wish there was a way to send you a whiff through the internet. After a few gags,I put my big girl pants on and got over it.

We went through what felt like every inch of the market, even though I know we didnt. I can honestly say, I didnt buy a single thing. But I did find this hidden gem.


It was a long first day, but it feels good to get back into the asian swing of things.

Plates anyone??


Danny purchasing some shirts


One of the million food stalls

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Meggles! Glad you guys are getting acclimated. Have fun!

    xo Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy that market looked so inviting and colorful

    ReplyDelete