Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hoi An


Here I am! I know I haven’t posted in a while, but it’s all for good reasons. I’ve had such great company over the past 5 days, the last thing I’ve wanted to do is go online! I am currently in Hoi An. The home town (for only the year) of my great friends Jennifer, John, Foster, Brianna, and Nolan Borch. It’s been such a joy seeing friendly familiar faces.


Danny and I arrived 5 days ago. We’d been planning on meeting the Borch’s for dinner after we got situated in our hotel. On the way to the hotel we happened to drive by this woman running. Even though this is a very strange sight to see in South East Asia, it didn’t phase me. I was too excited to see my friends. Danny on the other hand saw this woman and knew exactly who it was. Low and behold it was Jennifer! I jumped out of the cab… well not quite I had to get the driver to stop the car, which was very hard. I think he thought I was a mad woman. Then I realized there were child safety locks on the doors and started to get a little too excited saying open the doors. I couldn’t even wait for him to open it for me. I rolled the window down, stuck my arm out the door and opened it myself!

I almost scared Jennifer half to death, but once she realized it was me, there were smiles all around. She ran over to the hotel while we checked in and rented our bikes for the next few days. We biked up to the rice paddy to surprise the kids and once again there more smiles all around.


They have given us a wonderful feel for the city. John was an excellent bike tour guide, showing us all parts of the city and rice paddy, while Jennifer and the kids were in school! Jennifer and I spent a relaxing day with the kids on the beach over the weekend and there has been loads of trips to the best restaurants in town! Hoi An is beautiful. It is safe, clean, and full of energy!



After traveling for the past 2 months and stopping and going constantly, I am very excited to tell you all that I will be calling this my home for the next few months. I will be apartment hunting soon, but for now I’ve checked myself into a hotel not far from the city center.

Dan set off today in route to Bangkok for his two months in the monastery in Chang Mai. It was a sad day, but we have certainly had an wonderful time traveling together. We are both extremely excited for each others future endeavors.


So that’s what’s new on my side of the world. Hope you all are doing great at home. I’d love to hear from any of you. My email is megsedlak@gmail.com and if you’re adventurous enough, I will be here for a while and anyone is more than welcome to come and visit!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment