Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wat Wat Wat

After yesterdays change of pace, we decided to make the best of the rest of Bangkok. We only had two items on the agenda, Vietnam visas and Wats, lots of them!  After a successful, but expensive trip to the Vietnam Embassy, we headed out for our Wat adventure.


What is a Wat? A Wat is  a monastery temple that can be found all over South East Asia. To go into the Wats you need to have long sleeve shirts and pants on. So that was the attire for the day. It was so freaking hot!! Hot enough to pop into a starbucks to grab something cold and use their wifi!


Hot Hot Hot!!
Starbies aircon break! 



Wat’s are right up Danny’s alley, but sadly not mine. After the first two, I had had enough. Too bad we waited to see the Grand Palace, the most famous of them all, until last. We walk in and wait in line to pay 400 Baht ($13) and I finally caved.  Danny has been there before, so this wasn’t something that he was over excited to see again. I tried to play it off like, “You’ve been here before, we don’t have to go in if you don’t want to.” He knows me to well. He replies, “You don’t want to do this, do you.” My philosophy is, Seen one, you’ve seen them all. I gently broke the news to him. Sorry Dan- but I’m Watted out. The day wasn’t a bust though! They were beautiful and the first two kept my interest.


Beautiful Wat, that we didnt see!


Over it!


After a long day, we watched the Stars Movie channel, the only option in English, and it happened to be playing Black Hawk Down. I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone traveling. I’ve been ducking around corners since.


No comments:

Post a Comment